Tristan Prettyman


Did a little interview with this awesome singer a while ago, she's such an inspiration for me! Enjoy!

Coisa: I know that you have a really healthy lifestyle, can you tell me a little bit more about it, was you always like this? (I think it's great, by the way)

TP: I’ve always been pretty healthy all of my life. I grew up in a family where we never had any "junk food" "fast food" or processed food. Everything was prepared daily, from fresh ingredients, either from our garden or the local health food store. As I have gotten older, a healthy diet has become something that is super important to me. I love food, but I also make sure that what I am eating is always grown nearby, organic and from sustainable farming practices. I recently stopped eating gluten (bread, wheat, etc.) and dairy (cheese, milk, etc.) I feel much better now! I've always been pretty active as well, I grew up surfing and I also enjoy yoga and Pilates.

Coisa: I know you had some throat problems, how's the new album coming along?

TP: I had found out I had a polyp on my vocal chord back in June. After months of trying to heal it naturally, I had surgery in November to remove it. Now a couple months later, and I am back singing and sounding better than ever. I am super excited to get my record started and get back to touring! Its been a lot of ups and downs this past year, but everything seemed to have a way of working out :)

Coisa: Do you have a natural progression in your work or do you consciously set out to do something specific?

 TP: Before making a record, I usually let everything happen pretty organically and naturally. I find the moment and then I try to make something happen, a song or I set a deadline for myself. After the songs are written, then we make a plan for touring and promoting the record. I love touring, especially in other countries. Traveling has been one of my favorite parts of playing music for a living. I get to share my songs, and connect with people, and visit places and cultures I would probably have never been exposed to otherwise. It’s a super dream life for sure! Hopefully Ill be playing in Brazil before I know! I love me a tasty Caipirinha!

 Isn't she cute? Tristan I'm still waiting for you here in Brazil

1 comment:

  1. I like the helpful info you supply for your articles.
    I'll bookmark your weblog and tawke a look at once more here
    frequently. I'm slightly certain I will be
    told many new stuff proper here! Good luck for the next!


    Check out my blog;mom charm

    ReplyDelete